for pet care
The health and well-being of everyone in the responsible pet care community, and the animals we care for, is of the utmost important to us here at the Pet Advocacy Network as our world continues to face the ongoing challenges of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Protecting Human & Pet Health
As we continue to monitor developments, take action and work with our public health and government agency partners to share updates with you, we have compiled a set of resources to help you during this ongoing public health crisis.
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) resources:
- CDC webpage on animals and COVID-19 (updated Jan. 2022)
- CDC Disaster Sheltering of Pets, Service and Support Animals (updated Mar. 2021)
- CDC Information on COVID-19, Pets and Other Animals (updated June 24)
- CDC Flyer: What You Need to Know About COVID-19 and Pets (updated Nov. 17)
- What to Do if Your Pet Tests Positive for the Virus that Causes COVID-19 (updated Nov. 2021)
- American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA) COVID-19 information and resources
- U.S. Food & Drug Administration (FDA) resource: Why You Should Not Use Ivermectin to Treat or Prevent COVID-19 (updated Dec. 2021)